New Poll - would you participate in a 'play by blog' game?

I have an though lurking in the back of my mind: a play by blog game where followers of my blog get to play a game through my blog.

The idea works like this:

I generate some survivor characters and post them to the blog. A photo and information on each character is included.

 Those interested in playing stake their claim on which character they would like to play by posting comments.

When the game starts I take photos of the table, including notes on items of interest etc that could help with the game. Scenario objectives are also included.

With each turn the players post their orders in the comments section (and they will not be made public until all orders are in).

I then use the gaming area to play out those orders and make all the necessary dice rolls needed.

I then post new photos of the playing area showing where the figures are after every one has moved.

 New orders are then given and so on until the game ends.

Anyone interested?

15 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

I'll give it a go.

Zombie Ad said...

It is a great idea. Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to commit to it myself but really look forward to seeing it in action.

Dan said...

I think thats a great idea! Sign me up!

colinmnash said...

I'd love to have3 a go Shelldrake, and thanks for giving us all the opportunity to do so!

Vampifan said...

Count me in.

shintokamikaze said...

sounds good,i would play,i was thinking of a live game on skype,i do that with axis and allies board game

Lord Siwoc said...

Count me in mate!!!

Vampifan said...

I'd be happy to give it a try.

Shelldrake said...

Ok - I think I have enough players to give this a go.

I will probably play a test game first so we can make sure the system will work.

The Extraordinarii said...

These games can be fun, I play Car Wars this way but via email, they call them PBM games (play by mail), a few issues we ran into (WHICH MIGHT HELP YOU)were:
1)differing time zones, when putting deadlines on player responses.
2)keep the games as short as possible, as a game can take months to complete, everything moves much slower, because your waiting days for people to respond.

If you need more players, you can add me or I'll be happy to just watch.

Simon Quinton said...

I'd be willing to have a go look forward to more. How often will be the turns etc or will that be covered in a new post?

Shelldrake said...

I will cover the basics in a new post, but the game can progress as fast as players submit orders, but I would like to have at least one turn per week, if not two.

I also have to come up with a system for players to choose which character they want - rather than first to post a comment gets to choose, as this isn't fair due to time zones etc.

lrqan said...

Good for me, let's see how it goes.

Shelldrake said...

Ok - there are 9 players for the game, so I will have to paint up some more figures before I will open up the 'bidding' for who wants to play which survivors in the game.

I will make a post later today with some game notes etc.

Simon Quinton said...

Yipee can't wait