Play By Blog time again?

OK - I am in the mood for another play by blog game. This time is will be slightly different to the last one.

This time I an thinking of using a floor plan and use photos of minis on the map.

The reason for this is mainly that it won't occupy my playing area for months while the game is being played. Thus it will let me do other things with the hobby at the same time. It would allow for me to have my cake and eat it too as the saying goes.

I did this for a Strange Aeons game on LAF a while back, and it seems to work ok.

This would also allow players to send me a photo of their own mini to be used in the game.

Positions in the game go to those that played in the original game first, and if there are any slots open after that, I will take other players.


I will also come up with a player's guide to assist in the game - basic rule concepts, what you can and can't do etc.

The game would, hopefully, be more scenario based rather, so that there are clear objectives to be met in order to win the game.

And I wont hold back on the punches zombies make either. I would expect a few casualties this time...

One good thing about using floor plans is that I can keep things hidden, and thus create more of a surprise for the players - Mwhahahahahahahaahaha. Oh, wait, did I type that out loud. Bugger.

So, any interest in this style of Play By Blog?

Would potential players like to see a mock up of the floor plans and characters before deciding?

EDIT:

 I have made a small mock up to show what to expect with this:


 My camera is really dodgy at the moment - I can press buttons but non of the settings change, which really makes it hard to take decent photos. But the above should give you the idea of what I am intending.

12 comments:

The Extraordinarii said...

Yeah, if I have the time spare I would be interested, a mock up would be good.

Mathyoo said...

Let me know if there will be a place for me, too :)

Lord Siwoc said...

I like the idea behind this.

You got me in the team!

Vampifan said...

Count me in, too.

Zerloon said...

Last time I missed up the opportunity and regret it!

Now, count me in! :D

Chris C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris C. said...

I wouldn't have the time to participate, but I just wanted to say that I think your floor-plan + mini-photos concept is an excellent idea, having a lot of potential benefits. I'll be eagerly following how this game goes.

Dan said...

Count me in if you still have room!

Simon Quinton said...

Count me in let us know what sort of style and i'll get a pic sorted

Zombie Ad said...

Cool idea once again! I will definitely be watching this unfold.

Cherno said...

There's always the option of using programs like "maptools" or something like that. It supports custom graphics files of any maps you have and counters for characters and enemies, as well as line of sight and other stuff. It's originally meant for RPGs like D&D, but it could be used for any game that has a top-down view with characters on it moving around.

http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=maptool

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2637

Shelldrake said...

Thanks Cherno - I have downloaded it and will give it a go. Cheers!